If you travel to Playa del Carmen or the Riviera Maya in general, you sure want to spend some time at the beach. But with so many gorgeous beaches, which one should you go to? Take the quiz to find out!
2017 is on the horizon, and whether you’re planning on welcoming it quietly or with a bang, here’s where you’ll spend a marvelous New Year’s Eve in Playa del Carmen.
For a special Mexican experience and a delicious New Year’s Eve Dinner we recommend:
Since you’re in Mexico, you might want to have a Mexican dinner to welcome 2017. There’s no better place for that than Axiote. Renowned Mexican Chef Xavier Perez Stone invites you to try traditional Mexican food with an artistic flair, accompanied by their wide selection of Mezcal and other delicious drinks. Let your palate be indulged!
What: 5 course menu with traditional Mexican dishes and one glass of champagne
How much: $300 MXN
Where: Axiote, Street 34 between Avenues 5 and 10
Frida Kahlo Restaurant
This artsy open air restaurant challenges your idea of traditional Mexican cuisine, by giving it a very modern touch and an exciting way of presenting the food. Look for the giant Frida face overlooking the 5th Avenue! Frida Kahlo’s New Year’s Eve Dinner will be accompanied by live music and DJ.
What: 4 course menu with a bottle of champagne
How much: $2500 MXN
Where: Frida Kahlo Restaurant, 5th Avenue with 8th Street
Reservations: (+52) 984 105 3216
This is more than just a dinner show. Are you ready for a gastronomic adventure? A magical evening awaits you, filled with delicious dishes, music, madness and sensuality.
What: 4 course dinner, open bar, Rauxa show
How much: $199 USD ($280 USD for VIP entrance)
Where: Catalonia Royal Tulum
For those who want to welcome 2017 with a bang:
NYE Yacht Party
Is there a more memorable and fancy way to receive 2017 than on a yacht? We don’t think so. Hop aboard a 72’ yacht for an unforgettable night on the Caribbean Sea! Your ticket includes unlimited open bar and free wifi, so you can send selfies to your landlubber friends.
What: Hors d’oeuvres, canapés, unlimited open bar, champagne at midnight, free wifi
How much: $149 USD
Where: Puerto Aventuras Marina (Transportation to and from Playa del Carmen included, Pick up 8 pm at Plaza las Perlas)
Mamita’s NYE Party
We all know that the best parties in town are at Mamita’s Beach Club. The same goes for their New Year’s Party. Celebrate 2017 with some of the best EDM DJ’s in the world!
How much: $500 MXN
Where: Mamita’s Beach Club, 28th Street and Beach
You can’t talk party in Playa del Carmen without mentioning Coco Bongo. Even though it’s basically the same show as any other night (just more crowded) people love it. Maybe because they get the fine booze out on this day and give shirts for free. Expect lots and lots of people, balloons and confetti and, as always, an amazing party!
How much: $145 US
Where: Coco Bongo, 12th Street with Avenue 10
Wherever you wish to celebrate, our staff at Playa Palms Beach Hotel is happy to help you with any reservations.
We wish you many blessings for the year to come and a Happy New Year!
Are you planning to spend your weekend in Playa del Carmen? You’ll find yourself in the best place on earth! With plenty of activities to do and gorgeous beaches, awesome parties, lots of culture, the most delicious food, water sports, parks… Here’s a guide to how you can get the most out of your time!
Day 1 – Stay Local at the Beach
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast from the buffet at Indigo Beach (1 – see map below), overlooking the Caribbean Sea. By the way, guests of Playa Palms Beach Hotel benefit from a discount on their breakfast buffet (or just enjoy the breakfast we serve in your room).
- Now that you’re loaded with fresh energy, let’s continue the day with a fun and wild adventure: parasailing! Ask the guys at the blue booth next to Indigo’s right at the beach. And off you fly over Playa del Carmen.
- Next stop: Mamitas (2)– Playa del Carmen’s most famous beach. Relax, cool off in the waves of the crystal clear ocean, listen to the vibes of the DJ’s at the beach club, sip on a margarita and watch the crowd.
- Later, it’s finally time to explore the infamous 5th Avenue, with plenty of shops and restaurants.
- Dinner will be at Playa del Carmen’s most unique restaurant: Alux Restaurant (3). It’s located in a cave (underground cenote) and they serve a fusion of local cuisine. More than just having dinner, this restaurant offers a whole new experience of dining you sure shouldn’t miss out! Make sure to reserve a table.
- At night get ready for the party of your life at Coco Bongo Disco & Show (4)!
Day 2 – Culture meets Jungle
- Start the day with a breakfast at Restaurant Imprevist (5) – one of the best places for breakfast in town, with something for every taste. And you know what? Guests of Playa Palms Beach Hotel benefit from a discount on their breakfast as well!
- The second day is culture infused. Because you can’t possibly visit the region without seeing its world famous ruins, that are one of the seven world wonders: Chichen Itzá. Experience the country’s rich culture and history, while strolling through the archaeological site in the midst of the jungle. If you have a rental car you can go on your own account, but we advise to take a tour. They are reasonably priced and include not only the transportation and a guide in your language, but you also get to swim in the beautiful cenote Ik-kil, the lunch buffet is included and on your way back you visit the cute colonial town Valladolid.
- You will be back in Playa del Carmen around 8 pm – perfect time for dinner at the Brazilian Churrascaria Bovinos (6). You pay a fixed prize, and will be served different cuts of quality meat as much as you want. But not only meat lovers will feel like in paradise, there’s also a buffet with a great variety of vegetables, salads, cheese, bread and surprisingly good seafood.
- If you still have some energy left, on the 12th Street are plenty of clubs waiting for you to party!
Day 3 – Viva Mexico!
- Start your last day with a breakfast at Chez Celine (7), a lovely place on the 5th Avenue with the probably best Croissants in town. Insider tip: top your breakfast off with an ice cold Mimosa.
- Then off you go to visit all of Mexico in one place: Xcaret, “Mexico’s majestic paradise”. The park offers about everything you expect from an unforgettable day trip, merging nature with fun activities and culture. There’s a tropical jungle trail, underground rivers and lagoons to go snorkeling, a museum of Mexican Folk Art, a Mayan village with its own, incredibly beautiful cemetery and many, many animals, from jaguars, to monkeys, turtles, dolphins, stingrays, butterflies and flamingos to only name a few. You can even watch Mayan ceremonies and they perform a breathtaking show about the Mexican history and culture.
- You will be back to Playa del Carmen late, around 10 pm. Since you are in Mexico it’s about time you try some real Mexican food at La Parilla (8) just 3 blocks from Playa Palms Beach Hotel. End your stay in Playa del Carmen with a real Mexican experience beyond the palate, enjoying Mariachis playing music!
We hope you come back soon and discover the many, many more adventures that are waiting for you at the Riviera Maya! Our staff at the front desk and Carlos are happy to assist you in reserving tours, entrance at Coco Bongo or make a reservation at restaurants.