Arriving to your fantasy travel destination feeling a bit sleepy from jet lag can put your fun on hold. Fortunately, jet lag is a physiological problem, which means there are bona fide solutions that can keep its side-effects to a minimum.
Conquer Jet Lag and Start Your Playa del Carmen Vacation with Gusto!
Jet lag isn’t a figment of your imagination. It’s the result of a mix-up in your body’s normal sleeping and waking cycles. Jet lag typically occurs when you cross two or more time zones, and experts say it takes about one day per time zone to recover.
Effects of jet lag include:
- Interrupted sleeping patterns
- Difficulty concentrating
- An upset stomach
Guests of Playa Palms who follow these five tips for avoiding jet lag have a very enjoyable stay.
- Change your watch in flight. By changing your watch to Playa del Carmen time, you can psychologically connect with the area and your mind can begin operating in its “new” time zone.
- Vacation as long as you can. The longer you stay, the less jet lag will effect the entirety of your vacation. Playa Palms offers significant discounts for guests who stay 14 days or longer.
- Drink a lot of water. Dehydration is common among travelers as a result of rushed schedules and dry airplane climates. The side-effects of dehydration are similar to jet lag, so staying hydrated can alleviate these symptoms.
- Go outside and stay in motion. If you’re tired, but it’s still bright outside, go outdoors for a walk. A combination of sunlight and activity can help reset your internal clock.
- Eat well. Give your body the nutrients it needs to feel energized. You can arrange to have one of our delicious seasonal fruit baskets ready in your hotel room upon your arrival.
Contact Playa Palms to book your reservation today and our friendly staff can help you create a departure and arrival itinerary to minimize jet lag, depending on where you’re traveling from.